Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ticket Thursday

Well hello those looking for some good laughs today- as I sit in my cubicle taking a quick mental break from processing books here at HCPL.
My day really started rolling along with a knock at my front door and a stranger's face- a house appraiser, that my hubby Tom and I were NOT expecting. IE Tom was still up in bed.
Then our realtor showed, and I was doing happy homemaker tasks as to not punch him for emailing us, vs calling and speaking to us directly, these little details @ the appraiser being at our door this morning.
So without hair and makeup done, out the door I go to my dr's appt. I called Tom crying hysterically- this is when I am REALLY pissed off- and am driving pretty fast since not behind the wheel of our minivan and w /out our kids, and curiously- I see a cop head out onto the road and signal me to pull into parking lot.
Needless to say- my crying increased and he took pity on me and gave me a warning- (71 in a 50 zone)-probably fearful of crazy lady drivers. However- I was indeed late to my appt and therefore late getting into work on time- so again- pretty annoyed at the start of my day here- oh the bell tolls for Fed Ex now- Erica got it...
House hunting is an evil and unthoughtful promise of a homemaker fantasy that I suggest you have a lot of paitence and back up options in place for to proceed. We sold our townhouse in 4 days, and it has been an uphill battle to get a darn corporate bank to sign a lousy signature on a piece of paper to 2 gainfully employed parents with excellent credit scores. Am I annoyed? As a New Yorker born and bred- yes!!!!! But to know my children are safe and have a nice neighborhood to live in is keeping me just barely "hanging on" - I know this is in an 80's girl song- will have to watch some VH 1 to figure out who-
Ok well the work week slugs surely onward so return to my book cart I will...
I am a HUGE Days of Our Lives Fan- thus the tags theme.

3 comments:

Sara smile said...

Kristine, thought I'd stop and say hi, let you know that I found your blog and so off we go blogging the world. This should be fun. Let me know if you need any help...maybe we should all get together next week and chat about blogs. What do you think? Sara Ridgaway.

Scarlet Pimpernel said...

Sorry you had such a bad morning but your blog made me laugh so keep up your great sense of humor! Hope this morning is all just getting to be a bad blurry memory. Take care and good luck with the whole house thing!
Barb Heaps

Anonymous said...

For a working mother of two, you sure jumped into this blogging thing. Me not so much. Your blogging title caught my eye and I was intrigued. As a former Days buff, I can honestly say I will still try to catch it when I'm home. Although I gotta say, it is very easy to figure out the story line. Same as it was 10 years ago and ironically then characters that were leaving then are back again. Hope everyone is feeling well now.